Cutlass rally cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY
I recently picked up a 85 cutlass rally cluster.Unknown condition . Is there anyway to bench test to see if this cluster works

slow 442

Greasemonkey
Jan 16, 2014
I would start by checking for broken tracks on the rear plastic and copper circuit board. If that checks out solider a jumper on the orange tach jumper in the 8cyl position if you are still running the bbo . I forgot your name but you might remember me from years ago when I donated the console shift plate and you gave me the a/c brackets. If you are looking for a change to more stock appearing I would put your autometer gauges in a stock bezel. Here is mine. I can probably get a better pic tomorrow if you need but it's basically 33/8 tach and speedo 2 1/16 for the rest. Much better than the factory gauges .
20200720_195833.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY
I would start by checking for broken tracks on the rear plastic and copper circuit board. If that checks out solider a jumper on the orange tach jumper in the 8cyl position if you are still running the bbo . I forgot your name but you might remember me from years ago when I donated the console shift plate and you gave me the a/c brackets. If you are looking for a change to more stock appearing I would put your autometer gauges in a stock bezel. Here is mine. I can probably get a better pic tomorrow if you need but it's basically 33/8 tach and speedo 2 1/16 for the rest. Much better than the factory gauges . View attachment 152248
Yes I remember you. Hope all is well! Still running the 455. I like your dash idea . I was looking to make the dash more stock apearing

Reactions: 1 users

slow 442

Greasemonkey
Jan 16, 2014
Running a gen2 lt1 with a vortech v1 now..killed the old 455 years ago but still have almost enough parts to build another. I'll snap more pics of my dash tomorrow if I remember .its made out of a sweep cluster and a street sign lol. Too bad I didn't think to trace the plate when I had it out last week to put a GPS speedo in it.

Reactions: 1 user

slow 442

Greasemonkey
Jan 16, 2014
Another member on here I think injectedcutty has an updated design with carbon fiber so he might be able to help also. Anything you need help with lmk.

Reactions: 1 users

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
I made a test setup for the rallye cluster. It has the connectors for the rear and test loads for the gauges. If ya wanna borrow it, I could send it to ya. You just hook it to a source of 12V and it powers the dash lights, the turn signals, the high beam indicator, the fault lights, the tach goes to 0 and all the gauges read in the middle of their ranges. That is, if they all work. Anything that doesn't work right becomes immediately obvious.

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Yup, here is my "rallye" cluster setup using Autometer sport comps, some LEDS and some moderate wiring. Getting the layout right was the toughest thing IMO.
I used the stock cluster as a template for the outline, then transferred to aluminum and covered with carbon....
20200726_095613.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY
I made a test setup for the rallye cluster. It has the connectors for the rear and test loads for the gauges. If ya wanna borrow it, I could send it to ya. You just hook it to a source of 12V and it powers the dash lights, the turn signals, the high beam indicator, the fault lights, the tach goes to 0 and all the gauges read in the middle of their ranges. That is, if they all work. Anything that doesn't work right becomes immediately obvious.
Thanks for the offer. I was able to get a hold of a couple of connectors and the wiring schematic. A side from a bunch of bad bulbs . The gauges all respond as they should

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor