CUTLASS REAR END

Status
Not open for further replies.

creepin cutty

Apprentice
Nov 16, 2006
HEY i would like to know what rear end would go into my 86 cutlass salon 307....the motor is getting swapped for a 455 buick and a 400 trans...
thanks guys!! :D

mrapii

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2006
Waipahu, HI
Any G Body (except Buick GNX) will bolt right in but with that big block Buick I would only use a 8.5" from 1984 and newer Buick Turbo Regal/GN and Olds Hurst/442.

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
You can also go aftermarket also. Dana 60, 12 Bolt, or Ford 9-inch. Several places sell them ready to bolt into G-Bodys. Currie, Strange, Moser, DTS. But plan to spend between 1700 and 2500 for a posi unit. But they should be pretty unbreakable.

get regal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 23, 2006
The rearend i got for my regal came out of a lincon versalies .it was about 60 " backing plate to backing plate .and it has disc brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor