Cutlass/Regal guage swap, need info plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackRegalHN

Apprentice
Oct 5, 2010
I am currently in the process of retrofitting a Cutlass "shell" with a Buick Regal interior. This is complete interior and dash electronics swap. This swap is 90% complete. A tilt-steering column installs with no problem other than the 2 relays that plug into the steering column are inverted and must be mounted upside down (this is basically free hands-on information for anyone curious about the interchangeability of parts). All other electronics mounted to the column are 100% plug and play. All ectronic pigtails are identical (on the column). Just make sure all your harnesses are pressed in "hard", it's the difference between working headlights and non-working headlights. Main heater box appears to be identical with only the push-on pieces differing. Speedo cable plugs right in, break release, everything the same. Dashboard mounts in but the metal clips that screws thread into must all be moved over and slid into the next mounting location.
So here is the only dilemma: Cutlass dashes have a double harness set plugging into the back of the instrument cluster where the Regal has a single 18-pin connector. I currently have the Regal Haynes manual (which sucks when it comes to the wiring diagram for the instrument cluster) but have no manuals on Cutlasses.
What I need to know is what the wires on the two Cutlass plug ins are for. Google sucks for this search, so I was hoping that someone who has had experience with one of these clusters may have some old notes laying around. The plug-in behind the fuel gauge only has one pin with two yellow wires going to it (so I'd assume that it may be strict power for illumination?) while the second plug-in has all the remaining wires. So if anyone could help me out with "I know pink is such and such, green is this, ect.. I would appreciate it extremely.

BlackRegalHN

Apprentice
Oct 5, 2010
You sir are AWESOME. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor