Cutlass supreme Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickeypowa

Greasemonkey
Nov 19, 2016
Tahiti - French Polynesia
Hi guys !
I had an accident with my oldmobile cutlass supreme 1980 yesterday.
Thanks to god nobody was hurt.
Do you know where I can find the front of the car with bumpers and headlights ?
I have to change the radiator too, there was a leak of coolant
Do you think I have to change the hood and wings or it can be redressed ?
As I live in tahiti can be complicated to be delivered the big parts...
I go to florida mid november, do you know if there is a junk yard there where I could find the front part ?

Thanks!
Mickey

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Disagree
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
That sucks but it's good no one was injured. I would not trying to repair the hood and fenders, I would look for a complete front clip

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

mickeypowa

Greasemonkey
Nov 19, 2016
Thanks!
The hood and fenders are the same for all g bodies ? Or I need to find for an oldsmobile cutlass supreme 1980?
And the front part, can I put another gbody calender ? Or I need the find the same ?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks!
The hood and fenders are the same for all g bodies ? Or I need to find for an oldsmobile cutlass supreme 1980?
And the front part, can I put another gbody calender ? Or I need the find the same ?

hood and fenders are not all the same but some do interchange, I think there was a thread about what interchanges and I'm sure some members will be glad to help you out letting you know what will fit your car.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Rust free complete 80 cutlass front clip---2500.46 shipped.OR buy my rust free,T-TOP v8,bucket seat,console car-78 CALAIS---6k.and use that unfortunate accident as a "parts" car to a "more rare/desirable olds car;).pm me a cell or email for pics IF interested.i may be interested in bartering up the rest of what is left of your 80 towards my 78 ttop as well,depending on cond,title,and DONNOVANS COMPLIMENT OF LETTING ME INDULGE AND COPY WHAT HE HAS SET FOR THE "80" CUSTOM-LINE;)

Reactions: 7 users

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
depends what part of Florida you are going to. there are a few junkyards in south florida, but almost never have ANY gbodies at all and if they do, might have one random Monte SS picked to pieces.

central and North Florida seem to have a better selection

sorry about the car and glad no one was injured.

Reactions: 1 user

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
I would get a whole different car and use that one for parts.

-Gonz

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I would get a whole different car and use that one for parts.

-Gonz

From the look of the car is has very little rust and it isn't hard to change out the front clip. Plus he knows this car and with a new car you don't know what you are getting into

mickeypowa

Greasemonkey
Nov 19, 2016
Yes I want to keep this car. And in tahiti it's pretty rare, there is no other exactly like this one !
The problem is to ship the front clip from us to here !!
Or if I find something in florida I could come back with a new bumper/front and headlights in oversize luggage...
And for the hood and fenders just redress them here...

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
OH, TAHITI!??

Well, that changes things just a bit.

-Gonz

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor