Cutlass supreme Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickeypowa

Greasemonkey
Nov 19, 2016
Tahiti - French Polynesia
I finally ordered the gasoline starter, I should receive it on may the 12th ! Hope It will make it with the coronavirus problems! I tipped the reference of the starter I had previously and it was used in gasoline cars so it should be ok !

Reactions: 1 user

mickeypowa

Greasemonkey
Nov 19, 2016
Tahiti - French Polynesia
Hi guys !!
Some new of my car :
I finally received the starter and now it drives well again!! I need to find the exact front bumper for oldsmobile cutlass supreme 1980 with the turn signals in it because mine is a 1979 with no signals!!
Here is a video :

I have 2 questions :
- my right hand shift selector is harder than before. I have to push up hard tu put in "parking". My trans fluid level is good. Should I worry about it ?

- the car drives well, but the other day I was going to a friends house 500 meters uphill. And I had loss of power when I was driving uphill, like when I have almost no gas left in tank. The car even stalled when the road was really steep. I checked and my tank was 3/4 full. As soon as I was driving back on a flat road it drove well again and then I was able to do 100 flat kilometers back home. The car didn't heat up too much.
What could it be ? I Tried washing the fuel filter but it seemed ok...

Thanks!
Mickey

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Glad you're back on the road, Mickey!

On your shift issue: there's a bushing on the crossbar that goes between the transmission and frame that wears out. You can order new plastic ones or get creative with an open end conical lugnut. If the bushing checks out, take a look at the shift linkage. It may need an adjustment.

Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
It is probably the fuel pump failing, heat will show its weakness under load.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor