cutlass supreme headliner help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all i have an 87 cutlass supreme brogham that needs a headliner except i have a small prob geting the old glue or asbestos off the ceiling whats the best way to remove and replace fabric to headliner or any sugestions are helpful thanks

After you pull the old material off, I found the best way to clean the old glue and foam off was with a stiff bristle brush and/or something with a stiff edge like a piece of sheetmetal for a scaper for the stubborn areas.You do have to be careful not to disentgrate the 20+ year old fiberboard though.If you want to splurge or you want something a little more durable there are abs boards out therehttp://www.automotiveinteriors.com/abs_boards/cars/olds_cutlass.htm There may be more websites out there this was the first one that popped up.

if you look at 85cutlassbrouham's lengthy build thread, he's got a pretty detailed section on cleaning/recovering his headliner... I can't remember what page it's on, but I learned alot from it, and got some ideas also.

yes its some crappy dirty work getting all the foam crap off the old headliner board, but once you get it all clean, some 3m aresol headliner adhesive works amazing,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor