Cutlass taillight repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupidquestionspro

Master Mechanic
May 23, 2019
Tampa Bay Area
I did the LED tape in the 67. I made adapter sockets from bulbs, and soldered phone wire to the filament leads after breaking the glass off. It works ok; I need to revisit my connection method. BUT, when they work, they work great. I did 6 LEDs for tail and 9 for brake/turn in each of the 4 holes. Do your lenses separate easily from the lenses? That would be a huge factor in using my method.
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/realoldspower/67-led-conversion-t10998.html

Question for you do you think if I used white led rather than red it would be brighter than factory since you said in your thread they are barely brighter only more red?

Also since you seem to have more knowledge than me of wiring what’s the advantage of using an electronic flasher over just using a resistor assuming the resistor is cheaper for hazards and turn signal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Question for you do you think if I used white led rather than red it would be brighter than factory since you said in your thread they are barely brighter only more red?

Also since you seem to have more knowledge than me of wiring what’s the advantage of using an electronic flasher over just using a resistor assuming the resistor is cheaper for hazards and turn signal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought the white would be too pinkish, so that's why I stuck with red. If you want it brighter, just use more LEDs.
I'm not really up on the flasher action; my 67 still has conventional bulbs in the front. I guess it has enough load to work the flasher with theone bulb in th front. Some have an issue with "hyperflash", but I did not.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor