Cutlass with regal front clip/ regal with cutlass clip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Does anyone have/seen a cutlass with a regal front clip or a regal with a cutlass front clip? If so can you post pics?

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
There haven't been too many of these cars done. If you look at the various Gs you'll notice that the wheel arches are shaped differently from model to model. That makes them look awkward if you mix and match. Guys have done it but it's a lot of extra work to make it look right. Mike P's El Camontillac is a rare example of body mashups that came out nice. It certainly wasn't a bolt-together project. The silver/black one at the end of dyrt's linked thread above looks pretty good too but you'll notice the wheel arches had to be covered with big flares to pull it off.

Nov 4, 2012
DRIVEN said:
There haven't been too many of these cars done. If you look at the various Gs you'll notice that the wheel arches are shaped differently from model to model. That makes them look awkward if you mix and match. Guys have done it but it's a lot of extra work to make it look right. Mike P's El Camontillac is a rare example of body mashups that came out nice. It certainly wasn't a bolt-together project. The silver/black one at the end of dyrt's linked thread above looks pretty good too but you'll notice the wheel arches had to be covered with big flares to pull it off.

Yeah, it's nothing I'm considering, but I wanted to see if it had been done. I figured the wheel arches not matching might look ugly, especially on the regal, that has body lines moulded specially for the wheel arches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor