• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jared.
Thanks for sharing the cool archival pics with us. It's great to be able to document all the work and have the photos to prove it. It's nice to see a cool car like that brought back from the dead. What an achievement.

Reactions: 2 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Wait....30 years in the same house??!!! How un-21st century.

I see SO MANY people trading "up" houses every few years...I grew up believing you bought 1 house. Of course, we're on #2, but it was a move out of the city, so I guess that's OK.

Reactions: 4 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Aaaahhh... finally. Although I was disappointed that Justin kept the car for so long, I knew it would be worth the wait. Justin & Scott make a great team. I know it's tough for those guys to work paint & body all day at their regular job, and then come home and work paint & body at night. I know you guys are relieved to have the car back home. Can't wait to see it in person. Two thumbs up Jared!

Reactions: 5 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
color sanding then buffing back out in black no less. I have nightmares about that kind of stuff. This guy has some serious skills
Totally agree. He did a beautiful job and so did the body man he farmed the work out to. For all the wounds that car had it is amazing how it looks.

Ridonkulous!
Polish the AutoDrags for maximum bling!
I actually like the slots.
Me too! My older brother's 1st car had a set of big and little 15" slots on it way back when. A 76' Monte Carlo, wish I had a photo of it, pretty cool car. Slept 5 comfortably across the hood. lol
I'm sure we will be polishing the Auto Drags along with a lot of other parts as we go. I really liked the slots too, but if I remember the rears were 15x8 and the rears were 14x6. After years of looking for 15x7 with the 5x4.5 bolt circle we just moved on to the Auto Drags.

Absolutely stunning....and straight as an arrow. (y):cool:(y)
I'll bet Dad's as giddy as a school boy...I know I'd be.
Jared,
I would have never envisioned that as the same car. Wow! It's certainly come a long way.
Jared,
I gotta say, it was a quite an ambitious undertaking. With all due respect. He obviously had a vision of how he wanted the car to turnout...and man, did it turnout. 😲 (y) I think he waited years for you and Sean to grow up and help him finish his dream machine. It paid off in the end...:love:
Your dad and I are very close in age. However, I regret not having offspring to help me work on my projects, etc. He couldn't have had a better choice of sons.
Jared.
Thanks for sharing the cool archival pics with us. It's great to be able to document all the work and have the photos to prove it. It's nice to see a cool car like that brought back from the dead. What an achievement.
Jack, thanks for all the feedback and the kind words. We all really appreciate it. The time I've spent with Dad and Sean working on this car is precious to me and something I'll always remember and never regret. I've made some mistakes on this car along the way and tend to not forgive myself for them but I'm always just trying to help Dad. I'm really happy for him that the car has come this far. Now I just want to help him get it "finished" and make it the best we can. It's really hard to believe it is the same car sometimes. I have to think back at all the work that has gone along overt the years for it to register. I started this thread something like four years ago and even with the old stuff I recently posted, it doesn't come close to telling the whole story but I'll keep working at it.

Ew a Ford! Lol car looks great Jared. Your dad has to be thrilled.

It's like I've said before, Joe. Ford isn't the enemy. I used to think so but I was just a kid. Toyota is the enemy :) We're all thrilled the car is back home and is to this point. We're all looking forward to making progress on it this summer.

Simply amazing Jared. That paint looks awesome! Your dad must be grinning from ear to ear.

Thanks Jeff. Dad's a fairly understated guy but I think he's pretty happy. I know he's glad to be at this point. I don't think it has all sunk in yet for him. The car was over there for a year.

The car looks great. I am so happy for you guys!

Thanks Zach.

Wait....30 years in the same house??!!! How un-21st century.

I see SO MANY people trading "up" houses every few years...I grew up believing you bought 1 house. Of course, we're on #2, but it was a move out of the city, so I guess that's OK.

Dad's been there since 1985. He really has the place dolled up at this point. I don't think any of us would argue that a move from the City to the Country is a bad thing.

Your father your brother and yourself saved that car. Looks great .. you guys should be proud

Yeah, that's one lucky car. It really wasn't nice enough to save but I'm glad it got saved. If I undertake another full restoration I want to start with something better than Dad's car was or my brother's Camaro for that matter. Sort of like what I have with my GP. Something that already looks good. Even my GP needed a bit more than what I really wanted when I bought it. If I ever have shop to work out of maybe I'll get more ambition. I don't know what we're going to do with ourselves when the Galaxie, Camaro, Grand Prix and Roadmaster are "finished".

Aaaahhh... finally. Although I was disappointed that Justin kept the car for so long, I knew it would be worth the wait. Justin & Scott make a great team. I know it's tough for those guys to work paint & body all day at their regular job, and then come home and work paint & body at night. I know you guys are relieved to have the car back home. Can't wait to see it in person. Two thumbs up Jared!

Thanks James. Those guys are hard working and talented. There's no way we could have come close to the outcome. Yeah, the car was over there for a year and seven months of that was just sitting there. Things didn't work out in that respect the way we or Justin thought they would. He had a project there and Dad wanted to send the car over to get it in line. The project Justin was working on became a much larger project. We had the whole COVID thing happen and other things happened that contributed to the delay but now the car is painted and that time isn't really as important. I'm looking forward to you getting to see it in person, and to just seeing you again in person. I hope we have one of your cars, the Camaro and the Galaxie at a few car shows next year. Hell, maybe I'll get the GP going by then. I should be back on it by this fall. I don't plan on buying any more cars and don't have anywhere to put another car. The Roadmaster is where I want it mechanically so the only real priority I have in front of the Grand Prix is helping Dad get the Galaxie "finished".

That's it for now friends. Thanks again for all the feedback and comments. We all truely appreciate it.

Best,

Jared

Reactions: 7 users
Nov 4, 2012
Reactions: 3 users

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
The car has a great stance and attitude with those old Centerlines, it turned out great! 🍺

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor