Dad's car is at the body shop

MetroRob

Greasemonkey
Jan 14, 2014
Sent her off to a good friend and capable body guy

Going Black with Pear Red two tone top adding pearl ghost flames to the black and black ghost flames on the pearl

Dixie Restorations supplied the Rubbers and the A-Pillars (Arrived)
Malibu Bob had the Dash center vents. (Arrived)
VFN Fiberglass Hood (Stingray Style)
Front and rear Bumpers Will be cut and pulled closer to the body (Waiting on)
Foose 104 Legends will also be sprayed red pearl.
Hot Rod Company 383 Stroker (Not the LS dad talked about but I have plans for that)

Now to figure out suspension

Everything should be in hand Mid to Late March One car ahead of me then its on the body is pretty straight needs some love on the quarter panels but we picked them apart a little and they shouldn't be too bad.
My 8 year olds only request is that I pick her up the last day of school and she's the first one to ride in it Kinda melts my heart as she remembers it was her who had the first ride in it after we lost the old man.

1644936532480.png

• Happy
  • Winner
Reactions: 16 users

Randy majewski

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 14, 2017
Port Clinton Ohio 43452
Sent her off to a good friend and capable body guy

Going Black with Pear Red two tone top adding pearl ghost flames to the black and black ghost flames on the pearl

Dixie Restorations supplied the Rubbers and the A-Pillars (Arrived)
Malibu Bob had the Dash center vents. (Arrived)
VFN Fiberglass Hood (Stingray Style)
Front and rear Bumpers Will be cut and pulled closer to the body (Waiting on)
Foose 104 Legends will also be sprayed red pearl.
Hot Rod Company 383 Stroker (Not the LS dad talked about but I have plans for that)

Now to figure out suspension

Everything should be in hand Mid to Late March One car ahead of me then its on the body is pretty straight needs some love on the quarter panels but we picked them apart a little and they shouldn't be too bad.
My 8 year olds only request is that I pick her up the last day of school and she's the first one to ride in it Kinda melts my heart as she remembers it was her who had the first ride in it after we lost the old man.

View attachment 192475
Qa 1 suspension parts work great

MetroRob

Greasemonkey
Jan 14, 2014
Ok VFN is giving a finish date of March 25th !!
Motor has been sent for Balancing and should be back into paint by then and here in time for the car to be out of body work
Wheels and Tires are here I almost sh*t looking at the Tires thinking I went to 18 inch wheels and a low pro tire but all in all from whats on it now im half inch shorter
Disc Break conversion is on a to do list
Rad originally Be Cool Dual Fan was ordered (They keep shoving the date back) No good. Now im scrambling

I have my Sister and My Mom looking for a card signed "Love Dad" I can have put somewhere and cleared over, I never got sh*t like that or I would of saved it.

I've been a member here Since the year he passed and I've let this car sit in the corner since I got it running. Better time then Never to fulfill his dream and the one thing that brought us back together,

Reactions: 8 users

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
The body shop saga has been the biggest blunder for my gbody builds. I hope yours goes a lot smoother.

Reactions: 1 users

MetroRob

Greasemonkey
Jan 14, 2014
The body shop saga has been the biggest blunder for my gbody builds. I hope yours goes a lot smoother.
Hopefully so far it seems that Parts are a PITA

I started ordering everything in December thinking that was enough lead time was I wrong LOL

Reactions: 1 users

MetroRob

Greasemonkey
Jan 14, 2014
Just got the call from Amy at VFN My parts are ready for shipping !!!
That group of people is some of the best anytime I called for an update they were more then welcome to provide details even the guys at Dixie Restoration ! although I got the wrong color A PIllars lol

1648159186357.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

MetroRob

Greasemonkey
Jan 14, 2014
I'm starting to feel this... the wait for parts and now covid wait for parts has these guys working triple time we were waiting for parts but the other jobs built up in between..

Good news it my Motor is ready !!

Reactions: 1 user

MetroRob

Greasemonkey
Jan 14, 2014
Getting a little closer to reality Although we might have to paint that red.. Motor should be here next week

1653357532132.png

Reactions: 1 user

MetroRob

Greasemonkey
Jan 14, 2014
Long time coming, Into the shop it goes ripping down the Front End. Cleaning up the engine bay spraying that Satin Black then dropping in the new Motor

1658517747665.png

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor