Dakota Digital Gauges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox80

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Jamestown NY
Does anyone have the Dakota Digital replacement cluster in a Cutlass? I was thinking of going this route, I like the look of them in other cars that I've seen/installed them in. Just wondering if anyone had picks of them in a Cutlass?

Fox80

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Jamestown NY
Yes I am still very interested, I really like the looks of them, I would also source a digital clock, and radio to complete the look. I'm just curious as to how much of a pain the install is, I realize its not plug and play but would love to hear what all you ended up having to do

1984 Big Block H/O

Apprentice
Apr 10, 2013
Dysart, Iowa
I will make sure to take some detailed photos for you. As far as installation of the actual unit, it went as easy as the stock one. Nice thing, you don't have to mess with the speedo cable at all. It has a small ribbon that you have to fish around the column, and a microprocessor that mounts under the dash. Just waiting to get the motor in the hole to get it all wired. Is going to be a winter project now. I will keep you posted :D

Fox80

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Jamestown NY
1984 Big Block H/O said:
I will make sure to take some detailed photos for you. As far as installation of the actual unit, it went as easy as the stock one. Nice thing, you don't have to mess with the speedo cable at all. It has a small ribbon that you have to fish around the column, and a microprocessor that mounts under the dash. Just waiting to get the motor in the hole to get it all wired. Is going to be a winter project now. I will keep you posted :D

That would be great, I would like to do mine over winter when I repaint all the vinyl, I did a lot of reading up on the Cutlass unit, so I have an idea of what it requires, just wanted to hear first hand about an install. The only Dakota unit I've ever delt with was couple years ago when I still worked in the shop, thanks for the updates, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor