Dash change out

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
OK, thanks. There is also an '86, but being a Cutlass, I was hoping it was still a gbody.
From '82 to '97 there was multi Cutlass models on different platforms. '82-'88 G RWD, '82-'96 Ciera A FWD,'85-'91 Calais N FWD '88-'97 Supreme W FWD, '97-'99 Cutlass P-90 FWD.

Reactions: 1 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
From '82 to '97 there was multi Cutlass models on different platforms. '82-'88 G RWD, '82-'96 Ciera A FWD,'85-'91 Calais N FWD '88-'97 Supreme W FWD, '97-'99 Cutlass P-90 FWD.
Thank you for the info. When I saw that they were both FWD cars, I had a feeling that they might not work, but I kept hoping anyway since they were Cutlass models. That '88 dash was perfect, too. I was never aware that cars with a same name would be built on multiple platforms. I guess that is what happens when you are only familiar with one type of gbody. That is another good reason to read this gbodyforum.com website, good learning experience all around for newbies to gbody.

Reactions: 1 user

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Looking at an '88 Pont Grand Am on my local wrecking yard website, are they gbody, or are they built on a different platform like the Cutlass Ciera?

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Also to head off the question at the pass, there was a strange creature called a buick regal somerset.

Originally this was an a/g body with plushy options - more notable being the tutone fabric pillow top seats.

HOWEVER, in the later years they took a FWD platform and sold it as a regal somerset during the same time the gbody was still in production.

It too will not have the correct dash, unless it's an early model.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Also to head off the question at the pass, there was a strange creature called a buick regal somerset.

Originally this was an a/g body with plushy options - more notable being the tutone fabric pillow top seats.

HOWEVER, in the later years they took a FWD platform and sold it as a regal somerset during the same time the gbody was still in production.

It too will not have the correct dash, unless it's an early model.
That makes sense, because GM seemed to build multiple vehicles with same body style under different divisions. IE: Camaro/Firebird, Malibu/LeMans/buick derivative I have forgotten the name of.
Thank you, for the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor