Dash light connector diagram??

Status
Not open for further replies.

vpmac

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 14, 2017
Fayetteville Ga.
Hello G Body Guys,
First post on this forum. I have a 1987 El Camino small block, 700r4 street car. I am replacing the factory gages with Autometer's. My question is does anyone have a image of the connector with what each pin goes to? This is the one that connects to the old printed circuit, It is the one with REAL wires? Thanks for any assistance.

Mac

vpmac

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 14, 2017
Fayetteville Ga.
Here is what it looks like.
IMG_2401.jpg
IMG_2401.jpg
IMG_2401.jpg
IMG_2401.jpg
IMG_2401.jpg
IMG_2401.jpg
IMG_2401.jpg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
This might get you on the right track http://www.maliburacing.com/gauge_conversion.html
I think there might be more detailed info out there. I'm sure one of the other members could elaborate.
All the positions are numbered as well as color coded.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I guess this is one of the many G Body mysteries. I will continue to search.

I dont think its a mystery. If you look at the link Jack posted the diagrams show what youre asking if I understand your question. Theres 9 wires in a row. You need to look at the link closely. The second diagram shows 9 in the one row, 7 in the second. Now compare the missing spots on the connector in your photo. Same missing wires at 1 and 7.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Wow!! It's almost a year later and you still haven't figured it out? It's no mystery if you open your eyes and study the diagram. :whistle:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I guess this is one of the many G Body mysteries. I will continue to search.

the link that longroof posted has the information you need. I didn't have that information when I changed my gauges so if you want to do it the hard way I traced the circuit boards on the back of the clusters to figure out the wiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor