Dash parts

Trader history for Doug Chahoy (0)

Doug Chahoy

Royal Smart Person
Nov 21, 2016
What’s my chances that someone has the white gauge panel inside the dash that holds the round gauges? Haven’t yet found one new or used online. While I’m at it a factory tach with clock.

Doug Chahoy

Royal Smart Person
Nov 21, 2016
What’s my chances that someone has the white gauge panel inside the dash that holds the round gauges? Haven’t yet found one new or used online. While I’m at it a factory tach with clock.
In case they’re different between models, I’ve got a 79 Elco

Doug Chahoy

Royal Smart Person
Nov 21, 2016
The white that holds all the gauges

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20

69hurstolds

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
What seems to be the issue? I would imagine a lot of times the screw holes on the bezel screw stems might be hosed up and cracked?

If it is, this may be an idea, maybe not. I recall many moons ago back in the Navy, I was helping a friend with his 70 Chevelle SS something on the console, forget what, had a stem that was split and wouldn't hold the screw tight. I put the screw in place where it would normally go, which expanded the stem crack, then forced some epoxy into the cracked stem area, backed off the screw and used a small zip tie with a zip tie gun to tighten the f**k out of it and left it that way overnight. Next day, carefully ran the screw back down the hole like a make-shift tap to clear out any epoxy that might have been squished into the screw hole, and it worked very well to our surprise. It was holding until he got shipped out to another duty station.

Of course, back then, his car was only 15 years old at that time, so, if yours is too brittle I don't know what to do other than replace it.

Reactions: Rktpwrd

Doug Chahoy

Royal Smart Person
Nov 21, 2016
That’s what the problem is, I’ve done your prescribed fix before, thats plan B if I can’t find a better panel. The deeper I get into taking the dash out ( swap ) the more problems I find. The gauge lens needs replaced, the stem/knob for the clock are broken off. Ecklers has a rebuilt Tic Toc Tac on they’re sight. I might go that route for that.

turbogeezer

Apprentice
May 9, 2012
I checked with the A-hole selling this.Way over priced for something that he can’t even say if most of it works. With a promise/guarantee that the whole thing works, I would have bought it.
Doug, I have a
That’s what the problem is, I’ve done your prescribed fix before, thats plan B if I can’t find a better panel. The deeper I get into taking the dash out ( swap ) the more problems I find. The gauge lens needs replaced, the stem/knob for the clock are broken off. Ecklers has a rebuilt Tic Toc Tac on they’re sight. I might go that route for that.
Doug, I have a tach for a 87 Monte Carlo that looks new. I also have other used gauges. Bill Fairmont WV

Doug Chahoy

Royal Smart Person
Nov 21, 2016
Doug, I have a

Doug, I have a tach for a 87 Monte Carlo that looks new. I also have other used gauges. Bill Fairmont WV
1-does it have the clock in it? It’s difficult to buy a new gauge panel lens without a hole for the clock stem. 2- I’ve been looking for one but apparently different part numbers for different years. I’ve seen where later years have they’re own white plastic mounting bracket. My 79 mounted directly to the inner structure. The new dash that I’m putting in requires the additional bracket. If you know it will work for mine PM me and we’ll discuss it further.

G-Body Performance Upgrades

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor