Dash project

Status
Not open for further replies.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Getting ready to pull dash, recover, color change, fix the HAVC air issue etc. What is in the lower right corner of dash. I am thinking the rear defrost and a remote passenger side mirror adjustment. Is the switch still available? Pigtail for the switch?
Anybody have one?
This is a mint piece that i just need to paint. I want to get rid of the wood veneer motif so all suggestions are welcome. I was also thinking of wrapping the radio and the passenger side piece.

Attachments

• Dash.PNG
    Dash.PNG
    336.8 KB · Views: 260
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Base Malibus had a painted/textured rt side panel. Good burlwood panels are hard to find.

SAM_1836.JPG

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
What is in the lower right corner of dash. I am thinking the rear defrost and a remote passenger side mirror adjustment.
That's what it looks like.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
They are the rear defog and remote passenger mirror. I was in a similar situation once and pulled the wood grain off one bezel and installed on the other to match the rest of the interior. There was black and two different wood grain patterns.

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
They changed the size of the rear defrost switch I believe in 86 or 87 to a thin switch.
78-85 Should look like this.
P1012075.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Kind of figured that so I have to get creative. Thanks for the feedback. I was kind of hoping it would have been for the limited option passenger eject button.

• Haha

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Kind of figured that so I have to get creative. Thanks for the feedback. I was kind of hoping it would have been for the limited option passenger eject button.
If I remember correctly that was an option only sold through "Acme Motors" but not to say you cant wire it up to work the same.:sneaky::sneaky:

• Haha
  • Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor