Dash Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
As noted, you can update the rallye pack cluster with a modern digital cluster. I used the Dakota Digital shown below and really like it. I have seen a few attempts of swapping out the entire instrument panel (BTW, "DASH" is a hillbilly term) and most of them look like crap and were poorly executed. I actually like the factory G body instrument panels and feel that big, custom styling modifications like swapping out an entire IP ruins the character of the car. To each his own though....It's your car. Mod's like that will likely lower the cars value.

1550847873499.png

• Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Grumpa

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 21, 2019
Beausejour Mb. Can.
Hi .can't help but I have a tech question I hope you can answer definitively for me. I have a 1980 Lemans I'm working on and have been given a factory set of gauges to replace the idiot lights in the dash. Question is ,will this be a straight plug in or will other mods be needed. Thanks,

AlBreland

Apprentice
Oct 7, 2014
Palm Harbor, Florida
My 86 El Camino has an 85 Bonneville/GP dash that I swapped in myself...wasn't real hard and everything pretty much bolted up. Turns out it was not compatible with the Chevy ECM (pain in the *ss) and had to modify 2 or 3 wire connections but that was it! I assume it would work in any Gbody but not certain....I used the Pontiac wiring harness

AlBreland

Apprentice
Oct 7, 2014
Palm Harbor, Florida
I swapped out the idiot light cluster for a factory analog cluster and everything was a bolt in. The oil pressure gauge has never read correctly and not sure why (could be because I'm using a V8 gauge with a 6 cyclinder sending unit). More on that later!! As for the "purist" I say the original dash was a "POS" and the florida sun had completely destroyed it....so do what makes you happy!! It's not like they only made a limited number of these...

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
My Malibu I swapped the original Malibu dash out for 82-87 regal limited dash and complete wiring harness from front to back including wiper motor,steering column,etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor