Dash vent actuator

Status
Not open for further replies.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Can somebody tell me where it is? I pulled the head unit last night and the multi port vacuum switch had fallen apart, so great I thought I found the issue. Replaced it, not hearing any leak but no change in airflow. I found an actuator behind the glove box and cycled it but no change. Found an actuator at the floor at the vent outlet and cycled that one, same thing. I couldn’t get a good look up high in the dash but is there others I am missing?

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
IIRC, there's one above the gas pedal, too, but I don't know what it does....
I'm pretty sure the one above and to the right behind the glove box is for fresh air/recirc for Max AC.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I think you’re right on both. I thought I saw something above the gas pedal but couldn’t open the door far enough in the garage to look.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I fixed it!!! I started with following the path from the engine. Confirmed I had vacuum at the head unit. So I started pulling vacuum with a hand pump on all the lines off the head unit. Finally heard a bang and a puff of dust out of the dash vents. Apparently the actuator was frozen after many years of not working. So now on bi-level I get heat out of the vents.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Yep, the doors of mine still bang once in awhile.. they're getting better tho :D

-Gonz

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor