Dash / Windshield squeak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Larkin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 8, 2018
Looking for maybe someone with similar experience. In the early 90's i had a 78' Monte, Car had a very loud "squeak" from the upper dash or windshield area. I could never find the issue, however, i had to replace a cracked windshield and it solved the noise. Wrecked the car....Today, I also have a 78' Monte and have the same exact noise. I pulled the 78' dash out and installed a 86' SS dash, so i think it's unlikely some sort of loose dash issue. It's much worse in the cold, almost gone on hot sunny days in the summer. Its very loud, even the smallest bump in the road is very loud. I have done a lot of work on this car and it's very frustrating to not be sure what it is. Two 78, both with the same noise. Any other g body cars have this and has anyone ever had this and solved it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Lubricate the hood bumper in the center of the cowl right in front of the windshield.

Sounds stupid but it fixed it on all 3 of my G bodies.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
The above is correct, happens all the time.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Jim Larkin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 8, 2018
I'll give it a shot. Thanks guys.

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Ditto to all that. I couldn't believe, that the mechanical genius :wtf:I am, was stumped at this same squeak.:whistle:

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Ditto to all that. I couldn't believe, that the mechanical genius :wtf:I am, was stumped at this same squeak.:whistle:

a long time ago someone on this forum helped me out with that squeak, I was about ready to take my dash apart looking for it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor