Dash wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSmooth84

Greasemonkey
Mar 12, 2019
Sandiego,California's
Can someone tell me were the pink wire with the black connector plugs into I took my dash out and can't remember were it goes into or if it just hangs there ?

Attachments

• 20200630_132725.jpg
    20200630_132725.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 270
Reactions: 1 user

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Can someone tell me were the pink wire with the black connector plugs into I took my dash out and can't remember were it goes into or if it just hangs there ?

Pink wires are hot with ignition on. Yours could go to the ignition switch or maybe the rear window defrost switch?

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland

AT 14;15 of vid is the pink wire for power windows.

That is not the same wire from your pic. I think that one may hang loose. It could be for cars equipped with power sun roof, not sure. I don't remember unhooking that one on mine. (it's been a minute though 😁 )

Hutch

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Found it

That wire is for the Sunroof switch if equipped. I check continuity and it runs through a harness across the under dash to the passenger power window wiring connector.
IMG_4777.JPG

No power sunroof and it just hangs there.

Hutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor