Dash Wiring Question AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Guys, Im stuck. Ive got the dash all ready to go back in my car but the dash harness is driving me nuts. Ive figured out where the majority of the connectors go but I cant figure out how/where to place the actual harness. I know its supposed to attach to the inside of the dash but I dont think thats an option at this point. I put the column up to test the fit and see if the harness will plug in but it looks like somethings not right.
How do these wires get routed ? Under/over the column ? Do the column plugs go in from the left or right side of the column ? I see plastic tracks along the AC ducts. What the heck goes in them ?? And then theres the plastic "thing". Im sure its door chimes and a bunch of other crap but its got two tabs that look like its made to mount to something. WHAT ???
IMG_1491.JPG
IMG_1492.JPG
IMG_1493.JPG
IMG_1494.JPG

This is so damn frustrating.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
It just has to fit. I wouldn't sweat it. Move the legs around to their location until it works.

I thought that would work but Im not getting too far.
I pulled the metal plate that goes over the column. Put the harness over that and it still doesnt look like its right. Theres a plastic channel that starts to the left of the column and goes behind the duct over to the right. What goes in there ? Must be part of the harness but Im not sure what.
IMG_1495.JPG

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Then theres this up under the dash. Im thinking it might be for a warning light if the emergency brake if on. Dont know what goes to it though.
IMG_1496.JPG

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I have no idea what these go to. The last one has a ground wire coming out of the harness about 8" back. Im sure by now you can tell Im not too experienced at doing dash wiring.
IMG_1503.JPG
IMG_1505.JPG
IMG_1510.JPG

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Then theres this up under the dash. Im thinking it might be for a warning light if the emergency brake if on. Dont know what goes to it though. View attachment 83420
yes that is the parking brake switch, i believe the single wire is tan and white, tan or brown.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
I have no idea what these go to. The last one has a ground wire coming out of the harness about 8" back. Im sure by now you can tell Im not too experienced at doing dash wiring.
View attachment 83421 View attachment 83422 View attachment 83424
top pic is reverse lights, switch is mounted on steering column.
mid pic is for a neutral switch that tells the computer whats going on. not used for starting the car. this too is located on steering column.
bottom pic is may be for defogger switch on dash.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I thought that would work but Im not getting too far.
I pulled the metal plate that goes over the column. Put the harness over that and it still doesnt look like its right. Theres a plastic channel that starts to the left of the column and goes behind the duct over to the right. What goes in there ? Must be part of the harness but Im not sure what. View attachment 83419

That plastic channel is used for the cross body harness for pwr windows and door locks...

nTkpou.jpg

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
That plastic channel is used for the cross body harness for pwr windows and door locks...

nTkpou.jpg

Thanks. I know the harness is supposed to be attached to the dash but I think Im missing whatever is supposed to attach it. Im thinking theres got to be a way of routing it back the way it was but Im not sure how the previous owner had it.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Thanks. I know the harness is supposed to be attached to the dash but I think Im missing whatever is supposed to attach it. Im thinking theres got to be a way of routing it back the way it was but Im not sure how the previous owner had it.

Mitch...do you have anything like this wrapped in the harness? This is one of the clips that attach the harness to the back of the dash.

eI5D9O.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor