David Vizard's PowerTec Zero loss sound legal muffler systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Rockford

Master Mechanic
Nov 10, 2007
Shelby,N.C.
Good read and a vid showing the results and the history of creating a good exhaust.

and the Vid.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Can someone copy the pictures here... my computer hates cancer.

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
David Vizard's "How To Build Horsepower" paperback book Chapter 14 (Mufflers to Tail Pipes has the same pictures and charts he shoes in the video. I bought the book a few years back! The book is quite good.

Doug

Reactions: 1 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Very cool video as far as the info. I used DV's tech & testing data when I picked the mufflers for my dually's BBC. It's very tame as far as noise level especially considering it has full length 1 7/8" headers through 3" head-pipes/mufflers into 2.5" tail pipes.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I wish he'd put up dB numbers for straight pipe, zero loss, and a blowmaster or something equivalent.
I printed off some chart stuff from some of his testing I found when I did the BB set-up for the dually. The ones I used were No.3 on the 'flow' list (open pipe No.1; Borla race bullet @ No.2) & No.2 dB level (OE muffler @ No.1). I'll see if I still have the tech stuff in the folder.

Jim Rockford

Master Mechanic
Nov 10, 2007
Shelby,N.C.
I wish he'd put up dB numbers for straight pipe, zero loss, and a blowmaster or something equivalent.
His testing muffler flow was on a flow bench, Db is going to vary depending on alot of different factors. you can almost bet that shitty *ss flowcrappers are going to be the loudest because everyone knows if your junk is loud its gotta be fast right..LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
His testing muffler flow was on a flow bench, Db is going to vary depending on alot of different factors. you can almost bet that shitty *ss flowcrappers are going to be the loudest because everyone knows if your junk is loud its gotta be fast right..LOL
I thought it was the racing stripes that made it fast. I saw the commercial.

• Haha

LS6 Tommy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 6, 2018
The system I have for my Malibu was from Torque Technologies Exhaust. I got it beacuse of a test Pontiac Street Performance did a long time ago. They ran different systems on a 455 wagon. Tested for 1/4 mile, noise, backpressure, CFM. What they ended up with was basically a zero loss system compared to tuned open headers. Mine is 3.5" off the collectors into an X pipe, then 3" after that through Dynomax turbos and GN style tailpipes. IDK how loud it will be , but the owner told me it will be surpisingly quiet for 3".

I found a link to the orginial article:

Tommy

Last edited:

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
The system I have for my Malibu was from Torque Technologies Exhaust. I got it beacuse of a test Pontiac Street Performance did a long time ago. They ran different systems on a 455 wagon. Tested for 1/4 mile, noise, backpressure, CFM. What they ended up with was basically a zero loss system compared to tuned open headers. Mine is 3.5" off the collectors into an X pipe, then 3" after that through Dynomax turbos and GN style tailpipes. IDK how loud it will be , but the owner told me it will be surpisingly quiet for 3".

I found a link to the orginial article:

Tommy
I based the exhaust on my big-block dually using that testing.

My tail-pipes dump @ a 45° angle near the outside corners under the bed @ the back bumper. It has enough BBC rumble to trigger alarms when they're sensitive & in close proximity but almost stocki-sh quiet @ light to medium throttle. I'm sure the 20' of pipe it has to push through helps as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor