Daytona pinion support

Status
Not open for further replies.

denny

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2017
getting stuff ready for final assembly this summer. got the right info on here for my pinion yoke (short one). i have a alum. daytona pinion support which i will be taking to my machinist friend to have everything pressed on which includes pinion support races,carrier bearings,pinion bearing. i'm still a little confused about the yoke. i called quick per. and they said to take about a quarter inch out of the yoke where the nut goes on. that makes it a little deeper so the nut will grip more threads. this is a 28 spline 3:50 us gear set. makes sense because the inner pinion support requires the larger bearing for the daytona. also must use the solid crush sleeve. don't know about any spacers that might have to be used for this setup in the pinion area. hope someone on here has gone through the same thing and knows the ropes and can help me avoid the school of hard knocks

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
I removed as much as possible from the end of the yoke to still allow the nut to tighten without bottoming out on the pinion. Has one thread sticking out past the nut. Be careful that yoke doesn’t over engage the seal.

Reactions: 1 user

denny

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2017
thank you for the
I removed as much as possible from the end of the yoke to still allow the nut to tighten without bottoming out on the pinion. Has one thread sticking out past the nut. Be careful that yoke doesn’t over engage the seal.
thanks for the reply. when you say the end of the yoke, do you mean where the nut screws on or the end that goes in past the seal? thanks again

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
End that goes past the seal. I have a 5" long billet yoke. Not all yokes may allow this, I can't say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor