Death Comes Slowly for G Bodies

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Was just thinking that in our lifetime of the 4 G Bodies, two have been buried in the wooden box of death. Oldsmobile "It's not your father Oldsmobile" fame and the Pontiac “We build ex-cite-ment! Pon-ti-ac!” So if you have a Cutty/GP you're a fortunate one. It's like owning an AMC, Plymouth and who nows how many more (oops forgot Edsel)

Reactions: 1 user

McGillicutty

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2018
Oshawa, Ontario
I think my parents placed a curse on them. After years with Ford, they bought a Gremlin, Pacer, GP, 6000, Phoenix, Cutlass Ciera, and Cutlass. Throw in my Grand Le Mans...if it was in our driveway, it was doomed. They broke the streak with a Buick and another Ford.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Well, really you've got to expand your definition if you're counting manufacturers as the 4... GMC made the Caballero lineup.

But really, buick is only alive because the Chinese love the nameplate. Otherwise it'd be dead too.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Not to mention most Buicks in the US aren't even built here. I think the Buick Enclave is still assembled in Lansing Delta plant, but that's it. Even the LaCrosse, once a Kansas product, is no longer built, or even sold, in the U.S.

I find it odd, but not surprising, that Chinese $$ magically override a woke company's morals who feel it's ok to preach to us, but not to China. Not just GM but all those A-holes wheeling and dealing with China. Pu$$ies. All of 'em.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Not to mention most Buicks in the US aren't even built here. I think the Buick Enclave is still assembled in Lansing Delta plant, but that's it. Even the LaCrosse, once a Kansas product, is no longer built, or even sold, in the U.S.

I find it odd, but not surprising, that Chinese $$ magically override a woke company's morals who feel it's ok to preach to us, but not to China. Not just GM but all those A-holes wheeling and dealing with China. Pu$$ies. All of 'em.
Guess it's that Chinese $$ that's also pushing Generic Motors to go basicly all electric when China wants to go all electric by 2035.

Jorge1958

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2019
Columbia City Oregon

Amen

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
My post was just on what marques are left of the 4 G-Bodies. When Buick dies then there is only Chevies!
Ancestrally/Legacy-wize, it's the grandchildren of the 4 (5 counting GMC Cab) that have died off, not the Gbodies.
GBODIES ARE FOREVER

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor