GRAND PRIX Decent price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDR89

Apprentice
Jul 25, 2020
Manassas, VA
You can put 15” on it without interference what style wheel you looking at
In all honesty, I have a list and #7 is the rims and wheels lol. I would like to put some nice rims and tires. I would welcome any suggestions for rims between 600 and 800.
My number one is tear off the landau roof and see what I am looking at rust wise. I can see daylight outside of the open driver side door from the passenger side, when I am looking at the roof.
Going to need some welding (patch on the roof) which I am going to have somebody else to do as I have never ever welded. Then bondo the quarter size rust area under the opera window. I have to de-stinkify 5 years of unfiltered Pall Mal from the interior.
Completly remove the interior to see if there is any rust under the carpet which I am just going to replace. I would like to save the seats since there are no rips. Febreeze maybe?

RDR89

Apprentice
Jul 25, 2020
Manassas, VA
I didn't see any interior pictures is it a bench or 60/40 front seat?
There was a mountain of old clothes and boxes of mystery stuff. He was using the car as storage for 4 months. It is straight runs and drives. I just said yes to the $1000. It is a bench seat and it is a LE I am thinking 60/40 bench.

RDR89

Apprentice
Jul 25, 2020
Manassas, VA
Looking at the pictures, I was wondering if the " Renaissance Guy" was the owner. I figured as much as he's "firing" up one. I loved my bench seat cars back in the day. I think its a deal, I like GP's. Start looking for a T-iac engine, as in PonT-iac.
Yes, that is him. He smokes unfiltered. phew gf smokes Pall Mall filtered.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
An open bowl of ammonia on the floor will remove a lot of odors.
Safety tip: Don't hang out INSIDE the car at the same time when the ammonia is.

You can also toss in an open bag of charcoal briquettes to get rid of some of the smoke odors. They won't be near as objectionable to the senses. Same with baking soda. Leave them in there a few days.

Once you get the headliner out and the carpet, it will knock that down a LOT. the seats probably need a good cleaning anyway while they're out, so maybe you could rent one of those steam cleaner things from Home Depot, etc. to try and get the cloth parts that won't be replaced.

Reactions: 1 user

Neill

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2014
Roanoke ,VA.
A favorite product for used cars that works overnight is to spray OZIUM air sanitizer inside, it travels everywhere and often cures problems, without leaving a scent. You can buy a small spray cannister of it at auto parts stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor