Decided to get the portable lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I was working off one Saturday. being 6' 3", it's a huge back saver while you're leaning over into the trunk or under the hood. It goes about as high as you can get a car on jackstands, so I don't know if it's worth it. Plus, they block side access where jackstands allow more entry underneath.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
They are great for suspension and brake work.

Winkernod

Greasemonkey
Sep 13, 2018
London Ontario
I bought the 7000 XL and the truck adapters and they do work good. What I really like is that they don't interfere with any suspension or exhaust or driveline and when not needed fold up against the wall. Lots of power to lift my Ram Quad cab

Reactions: 1 users

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
They're ok for tire change and brake work, but even an oil change is a PITA on these. We have a scissor lift like this in full height (6ft.) in the company shop. Ok for quick works, but exhaust, transmission, clutch etc. is also PITA. We have two post lifts for that.
I'll get a two post lift in my personal shop soon. Looked at four post ones, but again, more pain than gain for me.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor