BUILD THREAD DEFIANCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danginharl

Apprentice
May 23, 2011
Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
It's time to introduce my latest purchase and new project "DEFIANCE".
View media item 403View media item 404View media item 402The progress will be slow as it will be built as time and funding allows. I purchased the car off of a fellow local g-body owner who decided that 3 Malibu projects was too much. This is not my first g-body build but will be my first taken to this extreme.
2014-08-09 14.59.20.jpg

I own the above Malibu wagon that I transplanted a 454ci big block into and also installed buckets, console and a list of other add-ons.

Why the name Defiance?
de·fi·ance
dəˈfīəns/
noun
open resistance; bold disobedience.
"the demonstration was held in defiance of official warnings"
synonyms: resistance, opposition, noncompliance, disobedience, insubordination, dissent, recalcitrance, subversion, rebellion;

I am a married man with 3 pre-teen and teenage children. I have always had some kind of automotive project to work on since I was in high school. My wife decided that the wagon should be my last project and was tired of me always having some junk car in our driveway or garage. When the opportunity to purchase this car came up, I knew I had to have it. It took much convincing and begging to get the thumbs up to bring another Malibu into the stables. Defiance was born.

Danginharl

Apprentice
May 23, 2011
Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
Build Wish List & Theme:

Pro-Touring High Tech (Autocross/Road coarse ready)
LS Motor (full fuel injection) a 5.3L truck motor came with the car (Twin Turbo eventually)
5 or 6 Speed Manual Transmission with hydraulic clutch
Big Wheels & Tires
Big Brakes
Lowered Suspension (possible air ride)
Road Race/Nascar feel throughout (Aluminum dash, toggle switches, minimal interior)
Roll Bar or Cage to be determined
Re-enforced frame (many hours have already been invested in the current frame - pictures to follow)

As stated in the initial post, funding will be the determining factor on how fast this build is complete. I will not compromise and cut any corners. I plan to be true to my vision as I see it so that in the end there will be zero disappointment. As always input is greatly appreciated.

Danginharl

Apprentice
May 23, 2011
Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Finally!
The new project is unveiled!
Congrats on your latest purchase! Love the name, btw. For some reason I kinda had a feeling it would be a 2 door Malibu build...

I'm glad to hear your build plans for the car, Pro-Tour G's haven't made it big here yet. I too haven't spared any expense or cut any corners on my build, and I have already gone down the lowered suspension/6 speed/big wheels/big brakes route on mine as you know, and would be happy to help in any way I can. (I'm even still sporting the aluminum dash I originally built for the car). Lol
The hood has to go tho, sorry...
;)
Congrats again. Will be watching your progress for sure.
Donovan

Danginharl

Apprentice
May 23, 2011
Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
Donovan your build has been one of the most influential reads that is fueling this build. I will definitely be asking for some advice as things move along. Thanks for the support.

I know, the hood is as good as gone.

Thanks Matt

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Donovan your build has been one of the most influential reads that is fueling this build. I will definitely be asking for some advice as things move along. Thanks for the support.

I know, the hood is as good as gone.

Thanks Matt
Thank you for the kind words Matt, I'm glad I could be an inspiration for you. I'm truly flattered. Any help or advise you need, just ask. Anytime.

Danginharl

Apprentice
May 23, 2011
Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
Well I managed to squeeze in a couple hours of garage time this weekend. Show season has started and I attend my first show of the year with the wagon. I pulled the front and rear seats, trunk lid, steering column and anything else that was left before removing the body. I also removed the broken windshield and at this point all that is left is to remove the body mount bolts and it should come apart. I will probably remove the rear window before the body comes off.

View media item 419View media item 418View media item 417View media item 416View media item 415View media item 420
If you look close you can see some hints of the work already done to the frame. I will get complete frame pictures once the body is removed.

Thanks

Matt

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Looking good so far Matt.
Seems very solid from what I can see. Very interested to see what has been done to that frame...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor