Delete Speedo Cable in process help with gauges PLEASE!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP4U2NV

Greasemonkey
Sep 12, 2008
Cincinnati
Ok, I am going LS1 in my 83 regal. I have already made my cluster into a 85 T-type completely and now I have to mess that up.

BESIDES the offerings from Dakota Digital!!!!!!!, What are your other options?

I want to put MPH, TACH, WATER TEMP, VOLT, OIL PRESSURE, in the factory area.

Help, I need this done to drive her!

85Frankencar

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2010
Indy
Re: Delete Speedo Cable in process help with gauges PLEASE!!

Depends on what you want to do - I had a design drawn up for a 5 2 1/6" guages & 2 3 3/8" gauges - I'll have to dig it up but i can send to you if you're interested - it fits in the instrument cluster area, but you'll have to take out the portion with the warning lights on either side (it's 15" x 7") - waiting on a buddy of mine to finish mine up...

383S10

Master Mechanic
Mar 16, 2008
Toney, AL

You can pattern a piece after this on here site......I have a piece similar to this I bought for my Regal.........

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/pro ... cts_id=308

this is the piece I bought from a company that is now out of business....
IMG-20120524-00119.jpg

383S10

Master Mechanic
Mar 16, 2008
Toney, AL

Equus tach can work off your coil or #1 plug wire.....the speedo works 2 ways too but you have to visit there website to see the proper application

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado

I'm going through the same issue with my ls1 swap and i think i have the temp, voltage,& oil pressure figured out, by using the factory sensors. Fuel is on a different circuit i believe. For the temp i was either going to machine down my temp sender or get a adapter and screw it into the passenger side head. The voltage gauge i believe i tap in alt circuit. Oil pressure is going to be used after i remove the oil cooler blockoff above the oil filter and install this...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CBM-10819-LS-oi ... es&vxp=mtr
If your block off plate has the nipple that points upward then you can tap and thread it to your oil pressure sensor threads. as for the speedo and VSS i am thinking about this item a bit $$ but if it works...
http://www.speedscenewiring.com/ssw_zen ... ed2d5ac0a6
I haven't been able to find some nice aftermarket gauges for my GP.. so i hope this works.. :mrgreen:

adiktiv1

n00b
Apr 24, 2012

i went with intellitronix gauges. they work well for me

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor