HELP Desperately seeking 25000757!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Also posted this in the "Wanted" section, but if anyone has any leads on a NOS or good-condition salvage sender for a wagon, PN 25000757, please let me know. Thanks.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I am putting a the EFI astrovan sender in my wagon in a month or two. If you can wait you can have my takeout.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Does anyone know if at least the socks (filters) are the same between the coupe & wagon senders? Thinking the most rational approach right now is to clean up the original and put a new sock on it.

Reactions: 1 user

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Yikes...Again, if any of you have a decent-condition wagon fuel sender for the Buick V-6, let me know. I got a quote from Bob's Speedometer back in Michigan that does sender rebuilding, and they said the typical job is about $200. That's considerably more than I was hoping or planning on spending, but I've got to do what I've got to do. Don't have it out yet. I'm hoping maybe a simple DIY cleaning might do it. Any tips on that front appreciated as well.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
i'll ask again: does the fuel gauge work? If it shows full all the time, it's an open circuit. If it shows empty, either the wire is grounded or the tank is actually empty.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
My main concern is I want to remove any (or as much as possible) residual fuel residue and buildup from the fuel system before firing it up again. I've had the carburetor rebuilt, and am getting a new pump, tank, and plan on flushing out the line from the tank to the pump. Again, the sender may be fine with just a new sock, but based on the condition of the carburetor, my guess is it needs a good cleaning, if not a full reconditioning. Obviously, my first choice would be a NOS sender out of the box, but seems like they don't really exist for the wagon, or those that do are not listed anywhere online.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
There isn't much to them; a couple of tubes and one has a sock. Blast the tubes out with Brakleen, blow out with compressed air, install a new sock, and you're done if the resistor is good.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Wanted to share an update on this. I found one of those nationwide parts search sites, and put out a call for the sender, and actually got a few positive responses. One place wants $75+ shipping, the other place, I’m waiting to hear back on a price. If I have time, hoping to drop the tank tonight and take a look at the original sender to see what shape it’s in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor