Detroit El Camino Stolen... Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
I dunno if this is anyone on here or not (or one of the other sites, or anyone knows them) but I saw this and figured I'd post it. (EDIT: Also posted on GBF's Facebook page)

Original Article: Family Says Stolen El Camino Is Stolen Dream

Image of car, from original site:
27692926_240X135.jpg

DETROIT -- A family said their 1985 Chevrolet El Camino was stolen Sunday from in front of their Detroit home.

Cynthia Stewart said her 97-year-old mother, Livonia "Honey" Bramlette, gets no greater joy than from watching Elvis and her grandson, Jason Vereen, work on his El Camino.

"Everyday she watches that car," Stewart said. "She talks about Elvis and her car, Jason and her car."

Vereen, Stewart's son, said he promised his grandmother that this year he would take her to the Woodward Dream Cruise in his classic El Camino.

"It's more than just a car," Vereen said. "It's more than just a bunch of parts. It's more than just something to ride around in. It had a sentimental value."

Vereen said it meant the world to him to be able to take her to the Dream Cruise.

"She's 97, and a lot of people don't make it to that age," Vereen said. "To be able to take her and just ride down Woodward and look at all the cars -- cars from her era that she might remember."

Stewart said the car was at the center of a tremendous relationship between her son and her mother.

"Please bring the car back," Bramlette said.

Anyone with information on the missing silver El Camino is asked to call the Detroit Police Department at 313-456-6600.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
it's disgusting that people steal and to steal something that cannot be replaced is worse... :|

85Supreme

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2009
so sad that people steal, most of them if not all of them probably don't even think or care about the damage they do, and the people the hurt when they steal. And it is all just so they can benefit from it. :blam:

Grandprixpaul

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2011
Commerce township , mi
Totally feel for this person I had a 1983 grand prix that mention the world to me , it was a graduation gift had 30 thousand original miles never seen a winter , was taken in middle of night by gun point , I rAn outside cuss the alarm was going off and the door was wide open when I got outside two guys came out from around e side of the house hit me and told me to start car , had to disarm alarm with a rifle in my face he made me get on my knees put in IN my mouth then just left , I had to watch it drive away, took cops a hour to get there and I almost got arrested cuss they laughed at me and I went at them but am friend stopes me , car was never found, so I have one now same color and same interior color this one isn't leaving the drive was without me . Guarenteed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor