DIAMOND in the ROUGH and or barn find vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Your 100% right! Long story short, Picked this up in Maryland from the original owners. At the time she had ordered the car, it took almost 6 months to get it!! She had began selling real estate, and wanted the 2 door, but it wasn't practical for that line of work showing houses. While the car was on order, her father passed and left her his vehicle, so this car was seldom driven and mostly on weekends only to their beach house. It kinda became his car and his baby. It was a sad day for them when i drove away with it being he could no longer drive. I still keep in touch with those wonderful people.
I knew there was an interesting story behind that car. I'm sure it came with all the original documentation, etc. Beautiful car.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Hrmm... how about one put away back in 2002 that, up until the end of august, hadn't been looked at since about 2006?

2019-08-27 10.27.36.jpg

2019-08-27 10.28.09.jpg

2019-08-27 10.28.38.jpg

2019-08-27 10.30.17.jpg

Somehow, amazingly, the mismatched roller tires dating to the early 90s that got put on before the 'short term storage' are still inflated.

Reactions: 1 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I knew there was an interesting story behind that car. I'm sure it came with all the original documentation, etc. Beautiful car.

Really appreciate the kind compliment! Thank you! .....And you gotta love the stories behind peoples rides, its as interesting or in some cases, MORE interesting than the car itself! I actually drove this home over 5+ hours, got almost 25 mpg too..i was impressed on how the car drove like new, got a lot of looks too lol

Reactions: 1 user

79centurytc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 25, 2015
There are a LOT of cars out there that are "Common". Camaro's, Chevelles, Mustangs, Corvettes, and I might piss off some people here, but the G-Body Cutlass falls into that category for me. After all, they were the #1 Produced vehicle for what, 2-3 years in a row producing Millions per year? Even to this day, I can drive in any direction and find a G-Body Cutlass within 10 miles.. lol

Which is also one of the things that made the Grand Prix my choice of G-Body.. You just don't see them very often at all.

-Gonz
That why I bought my 79 Century Turbo Coupe.
2009bcaregional.jpg

There are a LOT of cars out there that are "Common". Camaro's, Chevelles, Mustangs, Corvettes, and I might piss off some people here, but the G-Body Cutlass falls into that category for me. After all, they were the #1 Produced vehicle for what, 2-3 years in a row producing Millions per year? Even to this day, I can drive in any direction and find a G-Body Cutlass within 10 miles.. lol

Which is also one of the things that made the Grand Prix my choice of G-Body.. You just don't see them very often at all.

-Gonz

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor