Did any Gbody come w/ factory inline 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lildudefl

Master Mechanic
Aug 25, 2011
Las Vegas (Cali at Heart)
Ok so i havent really done much research about six cylinder engines in our cars besides the boosted one....but someone recently told me of a Malibu wagon with a factory 250 inline 6 was this just an option i never new about?

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I have never heard of or seen a straight six in a gbody before. I'd say the guy that told you that is wrong.

lildudefl

Master Mechanic
Aug 25, 2011
-83MONTESS- said:
I have never heard of or seen a straight six in a gbody before. I'd say the guy that told you that is wrong.
Ok so im not the only one, i mean im not a complete know it all when it comes to these cars but i have seen my fair share both original and custom, but never an inline anything in any of them. but i can't seem to grasp why a guy would go through the work to but one in any gbody car

Gonna work on getting pictures from him

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
1979-81 Malibus made in and for Mexico had the 250-cubic-inch (4.1 L) inline 6 as the basic engine. Mexican regulations about emissions were more flexible than in the USA.

Doug

lildudefl

Master Mechanic
Aug 25, 2011
Doug213xrj said:
1979-81 Malibus made in and for Mexico had the 250-cubic-inch (4.1 L) inline 6 as the basic engine. Mexican regulations about emissions were more flexible than in the USA.

Doug

Thank you sir!! lol, I knew someone had to have heard of this option because i just can't see a reason for someone to do the swap. its said to be a "1982" malibu wagon currently registered in the nevada. Waiting on some free time in my schedule to go and take a look at it

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
-83MONTESS- said:

I drove an 81 Malibu with the inline 250ci - 6 for almost 2 years before the floors gave out. Orig a good friends dad bought the x-cab with a seized 305. He tossed the siezed 305 and stabbed in the good running 6 and presented it to his son as a first car. It wasn't very powerful but it was no slower than the 3.8 and it was very reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor