Did my ECU crap out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

87monteSSMN

Apprentice
Nov 20, 2018
This CCC stuff is new to me with this car. About ready to trash it and run vac advance and Holley 600 that I know. Replaced literally every ignition component now doing this/surging. Tried sharing vid but gave me the message below. Car is surging heavily have to throttle to keep it running and pulses like it's got a massive blower on it and check engine light and choke light is rapidly flickering erratically and speedo is erratic bouncing everywhere from idle to 6k.

Attachments

• 20190421_203414.jpg
    20190421_203414.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 146

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
1. Use YouTube; and
2. Get a factory service manual.

87monteSSMN

Apprentice
Nov 20, 2018
New map sensor and vaccum line.

New electronic spark control module, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, ignition control module, coil, fuel pump, fuel filter, baro sensor, vaccum lines, temp sensor, knock sensor, oil pressure sending unit, choke/oil switch, starter to battery lead, battery to alt lead, alt pigtail, negative battery to alt lead, belts, power steering pump, fan clutch, idle control solenoid, choke pull off, air filter, oil, fuses, hoses, radiator, heater control valve, blower motor, valve covers w/ gaskets, battery - all within last month. No vaccum leaks around carb/intake.

Running out of ideas.

Deleted PCV valve, capped carb and ran breathers. Deleted fuel canister and associated lines, capped plugs on carb, filter on line to tank. Removed air pump and associated sensors - lines. Capped EGR and removed sensors. I removed this emissions stuff like 3 months ago and car ran better and never threw code in 3k+ miles so I don't think it's any of that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor