Different gbody frame length

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bdavis

n00b
Feb 9, 2021
Good day I have a 1980 Malibu in which installed a 1981-87 cutlass frame because my original frame was damaged in an accident and the only issue i have is that my front bumper sticks out a few inches from the grille leaving a big gap. I read that the cutlass frame is slightly longer because maybe a 200 r4 trans but do anyone have any suggestions to properly bring my bumper in closer to factory specs?

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
There goes that "cookie cutter" saying out the window G bodies always get accused of being :ROFLMAO:

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
I've heard it both ways, that the frames are different, or that the frames are the same and the bumper shocks are different. 🤷‍♂️ Is it just a matter of missing filler panels or ? Photos might help.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I've heard it both ways, that the frames are different, or that the frames are the same and the bumper shocks are different. 🤷‍♂️ Is it just a matter of missing filler panels or ? Photos might help.
I was always under the presumption that the frames were the same in all G's until you got into the wagons and El Camino's, where the rear horns were different for sure on those...

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Some of the BOP cars have slightly longer front frame ends

x8dlR0.jpg

JdEfTi.jpg

These are Malibu on top, Cutlass on bottom

Really needs to be a frame sticky somewhere.......

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Some of the BOP cars have slightly longer front frame ends

x8dlR0.jpg

JdEfTi.jpg

These are Malibu on top, Cutlass on bottom

Really needs to be a frame sticky somewhere.......
Thanks for posting up! You have the proof right there! Learn something new everyday. This is what I love about this forum....

Reactions: 1 user

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Do you have any suggestions about the bumper issue that I have ?
As Fleming stated, there are places that make the aluminum NON shock, solid brackets, perhaps at your request they can make them to the short length that you desire.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor