• It should due to it's not leaf springs like the iroc's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heard it was a direct bolt up

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2015
So I have a opportunity to get a 92 caprice rear end with disc brakes but I'm not sure if it will fit on the Monte Carlo
Can u guys give me some feed back on weather or not this will work
Thanks much

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Haven't heard much about caprice rears on a g body but I'm am pretty sure it wont just slap right in. G bodies have a one and only rear end. ( control arm mounts and spring mounts ). Isn't a caprice rear wider too?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It's 5 1/2" wider and a 5x5 bolt pattern. You would also need to fabricated upper and lower control arms

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Even if it were free, there are better options out there.

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
I know my 75 nova had a 8.5 originally and i was going to take the center section but the caprices from those years are just too different. More Axle splines and I believe the axles are thicker too... thus axles would stickk out a yard out any ways. So imagine a g body lol Id be driving behind you and think your driving a dually truck.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I keep wondering why no one has come up with a GNX-like bolt-on cover/adapter that adds the upper control arm mounts. All those 70's Camaro 12-bolts and Nova 10-bolts are being wasted....

Feb 24, 2015
Thank all u guys so much
You have really gave me some gd insight about what to do next in my f
Build for my car
Looks like Pomona fair grounds to get the whole set up for the disc brakes
I could always get the Easton gear unit
But those damn drum brakes are killing me to stop gd

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
I keep wondering why no one has come up with a GNX-like bolt-on cover/adapter that adds the upper control arm mounts. All those 70's Camaro 12-bolts and Nova 10-bolts are being wasted....
Or just a reproduction of the original GNX rear cover. It wouldn't be that difficult to fab up some brackets for the panhard bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor