I vote "Turbo Fire."

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I had one in the turbofire motif that also indicated the horsepower below.

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
I say you put a Dino decal on the air cleaner! haha I really dig the theme. Paint it purple?

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I like the flags. Keep the updates coming. Any progress on IDing the SBC?

88ss408

Master Mechanic
Feb 25, 2007
baie st anne n.b
I love the flags,but like you said they are for big blocks. I say go with the turbo fire. It also looks good by the way. I just really love the flags lol

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
I have everything you are wanting/needing for your elco,right down the street in rust free New Mexico.give me a holler when you are ready;)

• Useful
Reactions: 2 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Any progress on IDing the SBC?

No. I can't see far enough down behind the distributor to make anything out. I think for now as long as its running I'll leave it alone. Will probably yank it at some point to paint it orange.

• Got the steering wheel cooover put on finally. Just something I do on all my cars. Keeps the wheel from getting all gross and/or damaged , adds a little bit of grip, and isn't nearly as hot in the summer.
  • I finished the passenger door weatherstripping. Top and bottom. The door itself is pretty easy. I didn't glue that because I may have to pull and swap it if I get a new door. The roof rail. Man I didn't realize what a pain that job was. Once you get the backing plates unscrewed and out, then you have to mess around getting all (most) of the old glue and material out of them. Bleh.

I put the plates up first, then put glue on both the plates and the rubber, wait a few minutes. Then tack on the ends so you know they get in the right place. But make sure you get the pins in quick! Then work the thing in and try to push it behind the lip, make sure you get the corners right . #$^!#$% wow. That was harder than I thought it would be. Especially the top edge. I even got a bit of the glue squished out and visible I have no idea how I'm going to get it cleaned up.

Probably makes a better seal, but I think the glass needs to move forward about 1/8" or so. I can still see a tiny sliver of air around the front. And I have to shut the door HARD to get it to latch completely. Probably need to bump the latch pin out about 1/16" so. Haven't leak tested it yet but it looks better.
  • Got a coarse stripper wheel for the drill and took the surface rust (and paint) off around the bed trim holes on the pass side and tailgate before both my batteries died. Then shot some rattle can primer on it. I'll go back and put a dab of clear caulk in the holes just to keep the water out. Probably needs a proper grinder attack on it, still pretty rough. The fly was helping.

IMG_2839.jpg

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Agree

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Did you forget I told you there's a door here? Unless you are paying up and buying brand new

Oooooh yeahhhh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor