Directional woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2014
I need help!! On my 1986 442 the left hand brake light works intermittently. The rear wiring harness checks out all the way from the tailights to where it plugs in next to the fusebox. The problem lies somewhere between the brake light switch (which works fine) to where the rear harness plugs into the fuse box. The LH directional works fine as well as the parking lights. The bulbs and sockets check out fine as well. The right hand and third brakelight work fine. Any ideas?

Nov 16, 2014
I need help!! On my 1986 442 the left hand brake light works intermittently. The rear wiring harness checks out all the way from the tailights to where it plugs in next to the fusebox. The problem lies somewhere between the brake light switch (which works fine) to where the rear harness plugs into the fuse box. The LH directional works fine as well as the parking lights. The bulbs and sockets check out fine as well. The right hand and third brakelight work fine. Any ideas?

Nov 16, 2014
It should have said brake light woes..sorry. I couldn't figure out how to change the heading. I have checked the grounds in the rear of the car. The problem lies between the brake light switch and where the rear harness plugs into the fuse block.

mac61891

Greasemonkey
Jun 20, 2013
West Central IL
I know you said that your directionals work fine, but that does not mean that your directional switch is not bad. I would check from the switch at the base of the column to verify that you are getting signal through the switch when the directionals are off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor