Distributor Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Can anyone identify this distributor, just from the numbers on the ignition coil and ignition control module, i drew a blank looking them up myself.

This is not the original ZZ4 dizzy, the entire unit got replaced some time ago by the prior owner before i took possession of my malibu, it starts the engine with ease, the car slings shots out of the hole very well, it also has an adjustbale vacuum advance can on it.

Thanks

Attachments

• dizzy 1.JPG
    dizzy 1.JPG
    497.8 KB · Views: 87
  • dizzy 2.JPG
    dizzy 2.JPG
    482.4 KB · Views: 93
  • dizzy 3.JPG
    dizzy 3.JPG
    503.1 KB · Views: 85

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Generic. Of Course

Would i be better off gutting this unit and putting the "right stuff", which would be the cheaper route to put it back to ZZ4 standards or just get the performance dizzy by DUI, perhaps get the actual distributor that the crate motor actually came with by GM(93440806), both more expensive route. I really want this engine to perform top notch, as it was intended, a potential street bruiser, not a drag racer.

Thanks

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Just set your timing curve of what you have. If it’s not misfiring it’s doing what it’s supposed to. I never found any horsepower in ignition parts. Only what worked and what didn’t

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor