DIY cheap Z28/RS wheel Rehab..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
Yeah, they are Pace Car wheels, thought someone might catch that.
Car is just a cool driver, needs some work but I fear it would snowball into a serious case of mission creep so I haven't gone too far into the body. Mechanically everything is new.
No sense having a car too nice to drive......
The lines on the rear qtr panels seriously remind me of a '66 Chevelle, a sexy butt and this one has some "junk in the trunk":mrgreen:

Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Yeah, they are Pace Car wheels, thought someone might catch that.
Car is just a cool driver, needs some work but I fear it would snowball into a serious case of mission creep so I haven't gone too far into the body. Mechanically everything is new.
No sense having a car too nice to drive......
The lines on the rear qtr panels seriously remind me of a '66 Chevelle, a sexy butt and this one has some "junk in the trunk":mrgreen:
I pickled up a set of those for a previous project, paid $100.00. Spent 25 hours per wheel sanding smooth then polishing to a like chrome shine. They turned out real nice.

Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I run them on the air cooled, need a set of center caps though.
Was the easiest way to upgrade tire size from stock, and still look good doing it. I did have to buy different lug nuts to run the alloys on the old studs though.

I like that a lot. I should have bought in when 'vairs were cheap. :doh:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
The Camaro/Corvair family lineage is SO apparent!

• Agree

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor