Do I have to strip the factory harness???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple87SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 14, 2016
Quick and simple of it. Can I use the factory truck harness (in my case 02 LQ4 truck harness with DBC, Red and Blue ECM connectors going in an 84 SS) and just disable the unneeded sensors in hptuners, instead of stripping unpinning all the things not needed?

Purple87SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 14, 2016
Any other disadvantage(s)? Who has gone the easy route and not stripped the harness?

csstrux

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2017
I went with a pci harness, but pulled mine to go back to an Olds motor on the current project, so am talking research I have done, but no real first hand experience. I would take the time to at least unwrap the harness and eliminate the unnecessary wired down to the connector, and seal them off from there. That said, it is just a step or two farther to pull the pin. Fewer chances for unexpected glitches, and a cleaner install. Skid factory has a couple vids on Youtube covering the process of merging harnesses, which I think I will do when I put the LQ4 in the Malibu I picked up. There are a few other vids on the university of Youtube that are worth watching, and LT1swap.com has a shat ton of useful info as well.

Reactions: 1 user

uneek1976

G-Body Guru
Jul 24, 2009
Sugar Grove IL/ Chicago
If you're doing it yourself then LT1SWAP.COM like csstrux mentioned would be your dewiring bible. Helped me out a ton when I did mine, I've even had to personally email Brendan a couple times before when I got stumped on something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor