Do i need a new trunk lid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
Hello gents, and i use that term loosely.

So i have a bunch of rust issues on my regal the trunk lid being one area

My question is:

Is this hole repairable or do i need a new lid? The rest of the trunk is in great shape. I know nothing of bodywork or welding but i hope they can just like weld in a patch or something. Any expert advise?

9E53F839-039F-47C0-B977-B5770B538468.jpeg

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
it's got the cancer , judging by the bubbles running up to top . Whats the rest of the lip look like ?

if your painting the car in the future ,yes replace it.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Mine was similar so I replaced it with a much better lid. Anything is fixable, how far are you willing to go?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Your trunk edge is toast. But anything is fixable. But it would be MUCH easier if you can get a decent trunklid… lvrnespeca may be able to help out with a rust free lid...he's got that rust free regal body......

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
it's got the cancer , judging by the bubbles running up to top . Whats the rest of the lip look like ?

if your painting the car in the future ,yes replace it.
rest of the lip is fine, just the paint missing like in this shot from when i removed the chrome trim. this is literally the only bad corner on the entire trunk lid.

whoever had it painted years ago must have gone to maaco. car has serious orange peel and bubbling and the passenger door is shot, i need a new one. the tops of both doors have bubbling and rust and the driver side rocker panel is shot.
plus who knows how bad it is under that landau top....ughhh. most of that stuff i will have fixed. the door i am looking for now, but i was hoping the trunk lid can be saved.

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
Your trunk edge is toast. But anything is fixable. But it would be MUCH easier if you can get a decent trunklid… lvrnespeca may be able to help out with a rust free lid...he's got that rust free regal body......
I always keep an eye out for regal parts, but down here is south florida, its tough to find. Junkyards have nothing. Not one regal anywhere i can find south of Orlando.
if I come across one that is in great condition and the price is right, i will bite. my Passenger door is the priority right now. im scared to open it....lol

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I always keep an eye out for regal parts, but down here is south florida, its tough to find. Junkyards have nothing. Not one regal anywhere i can find south of Orlando.
if I come across one that is in great condition and the price is right, i will bite. my Passenger door is the priority right now. im scared to open it....lol
That was my point. He has a whole Regal for parts. Contact him and see what you can discover...

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor