Do traditional sbc headers fit the vortec heads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcaminokyle

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 2, 2007
I have a 78 Elcamino with a 305 and it has headers. I also have another small block going together with vortec heads and I'm curious if the headers I already have are going to bolt up and if the exhaust ports will match up? Just throwing this out there.

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN
yep, bolt em right on.

crappycutlass

Master Mechanic
May 28, 2007
i hate when people say 305's are junk... or why bother with a 305...or say they sound differnt.

all im doing is buying parts for my 305 and later on switch em all over to a 355...just tell people its a 350... unless they get right at the back and read ur #'s who;s gonna know..

or get it bored .30 over and watch their face when you say its a 310..you'll get the WTF is a 310 face...

ss4ever

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Shelbina, Missouri
Correct the headers will work just fine from the 305 to the 355.

My SS sounds pretty dang good with the headers and dual exhaust on my 305, nobody even knows it's a 305 until I tell them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor