Do you collect NOS parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Amongst having an addiction to "G" body cars, i have found myself being addicted to the quest of finding everything NOS available that I may need one day. I truly think, and ponder, is this normal!!??....., #1 am i ever going to actually use all this crap #2 I guess its an investment, but would saving the money be better? Im to a point I have aquired to many projects even to fill 5 lifetimes ...so whats the point i ask myself. Is anyone else doing this "craziness" too...thoughts..

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
collecting nos parts is a spectator sport in my book.:popcorn:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

FluoFerret

Greasemonkey
Apr 2, 2018
Luxembourg
I am not exactly hunting for NOS parts, if I come up on them, and the price is not exorbitant, I purchase it. I know that our G-bodies (especially the early pre-80's) are slowly luring AM-parts manufacturers into reproducing OEM-parts since these vehicles get more and more popular, but its still a long way ahead before we have something like "Eckler's Corvette parts" or Year-One only for our G-bods...

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
My wife says I have a problem. My attic, storage shed, back porch, spare bedroom, and garage seem to back up her theory... :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Does haveing NOS parts sitting around waiting to be installed count cause I'm currently a collecter until I install them.
but its still a long way ahead before we have something like "Eckler's Corvette parts" or Year-One only for our G-bods...
Eckler's El Camino does have for said El Camino's & Year-One did do a G catalog (on line only) but they did away with it years back.

• Agree

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
With me, its to a point I don't even know what the heck I have!..ill be moving box after box and happen to look inside and say "wow, i forgot i had this" Or " when did I get this" or realize the part you just purchased two weeks ago, you already had three as your putting it away ......maybe we should start a "G body therapy line " lol

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
Not so much nos parts but good used what I need for the next two cars then the rest is all up for sale I don't need 6 sets of ok/saveable doors 6 of this and that maybe one set of a few hard to get parts I'll keep on hand just in case of a oops but that's me and my 2 cents

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
I have been collecting NOS GM parts for years. About 20 years ago I went and bought all the available NOS items needed to restore my Grand National. I had also collected a lot of Malibu/Elky stuff. Then a lot of NOS Corvair items. I wouldn't call it a spectator sport but I would say that a lot of the items were good investments depending on where and how you bought them.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Key is, to buy the parts right, several of them, sell off what you don't need/ use, and in theory, make a little money or have it so the part cost you nothing that you kept. getting harder and harder to find nos items for our beloved G body cars, yes there are some aftermarket parts available, but to be honest, I prefer nos ANYDAY over aftermarket hands down, pluss makes the value and durability of your ride an A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor