does anybody have a wiring diagram for the temp guage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York
my temp guage doesnt work in my 84 SS does anyone have a wiring diagram so i can find these wires and run a new wires just to see if its the guage or the wires, thanks

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if you ground the green wire that attached to the sender unit the guage will max out if the wire and gauge are working

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
It should be a green wire.
Another option is to just run a new wire to your coolant temp sensor. If you can't find that, you can find a waterneck (your rad hose attaches to it) with built in temp sensor, from most auto parts sources.

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York
found the green wire...turns out it was never connected in the first place :blam: bi touched it to ground and the guage went up all the way....now where do i conect it to? i found a port on the intake right nect to the hose from the rad. but when i plug it in, the guage doesnt move

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
1984-monte-carlo-ss said:
found the green wire...turns out it was never connected in the first place :blam: bi touched it to ground and the guage went up all the way....now where do i conect it to? i found a port on the intake right nect to the hose from the rad. but when i plug it in, the guage doesnt move

Driverside head between the 1 and 3 exhaust manifolds, if its stock it will look like a round bronze tab if its been changed it will be flat tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor