Does anybody here have a carfax account with free records?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderball

Greasemonkey
Jan 18, 2016
I was trying to look up a gbody I'm interested in thats raising some red flags. I'm hoping to avoid paying 30-40 dollars to pull this one report...

Thanks

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
sorry your having trouble. i don't have one available. but, spending $30-40 is cheap insurance compared to the alternative.
sounds like your gut is telling you something, trust your gut, and verify with facts. if you can't verify, walk away.
joe

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Carfax only reports on 1981 and newer

Sharing of account info/selling reports from one's account is against the terms of service of the account holder's agreement

Carfax reports are subject to all kinds of inaccuracies due to the methods used to acquire the data

Trust your instinct, or get somebody that knows the G body quirks well to look at it....red flags usually mean time to move on, especially if you're inexperienced

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Why not post your concerns on here along with pictures of things that you are questioning, there are plenty of people on here that could give you solid advice and know Gbodies in and out and plus with the age of these cars you have to question the reports accuracy of reported accidents etc, from back then.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

thunderball

Greasemonkey
Jan 18, 2016
Carfax only reports on 1981 and newer

Sharing of account info/selling reports from one's account is against the terms of service of the account holder's agreement

Carfax reports are subject to all kinds of inaccuracies due to the methods used to acquire the data

Trust your instinct, or get somebody that knows the G body quirks well to look at it....red flags usually mean time to move on, especially if you're inexperienced

no i was asking for somebody to download the the report and email it to me not give me their login. ive had people offer to and send me them before because they had gotten a month of unlimited reports. ive pulled them before my 88 didnt come up with anything but other 80's car gave some info.

i know gbodies fairly well i have 3 currently this is more a title/registration type issue (it might be nothing) and the seller seems like he'd say whatever to make the sale so im hoping to confirm its his, the info is consistent with the history hes telling me, not stolen etc.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Seems pretty simple, it's either titled in their name or it isn't. I almost always pass on the latter, too many ways for it to all go to hell, paper-wise.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
no i was asking for somebody to download the the report and email it to me not give me their login. ive had people offer to and send me them before because they had gotten a month of unlimited reports. ive pulled them before my 88 didnt come up with anything but other 80's car gave some info.

i know gbodies fairly well i have 3 currently this is more a title/registration type issue (it might be nothing) and the seller seems like he'd say whatever to make the sale so im hoping to confirm its his, the info is consistent with the history hes telling me, not stolen etc.

Why don't you open an account so you can get the report and help out others who are looking for a report. It always nice to repay favors even if it's not the ones who helped you out

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Try your local library. Sometimes they have accoj nts set up for companies like carfax or alldata.
Joe

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
carfax reports can miss important details, the only things on the report is what has been reported. It's not free but I think the money would be better spend on bringing the car to a mechanic who you know and trust to have it inspected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor