does anyone know of a budget minded 10 micron fuel filter option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i need a 10 micron filter that will run inline with -6AN fittings feeding a holley stealth ram. i was trying to avoid dropping over 100 bucks on a filter if possible and thought maybe someone has come up with a budget minded option. i have thrown allot of cash at this engine build and the little odds and ends as usual are adding up in a hurry!

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
i need a 10 micron filter that will run inline with -6AN fittings feeding a holley stealth ram. i was trying to avoid dropping over 100 bucks on a filter if possible and thought maybe someone has come up with a budget minded option. i have thrown allot of cash at this engine build and the little odds and ends as usual are adding up in a hurry!
Get an aeromotive 10 micron unit. That's what I'm running as a post pump filter for my a1000. I would also highly recommend a one way bypass valve after the filter to avoid drainback.
I was having issues with no fuel pressure after shutdown because my fuel lines were emptying and not holding pressure once the prime cycle completed. Any more questions just ask man, since i have a similar setup i should be able to help you out a bit.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
the aeromotive one is not exactly cheap but may become a option. i was looking into something like this but would preffer a filter that i can walk into the parts store and purchase so i am trying to figure out a stock filter i can run the same way

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tnk-ff-10-kit

the check valve does sound like a good idea, i will have to look into that

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Get a canister style one and bolt it to the frame. Like the one you see at a farm or small fuel barrel. You would need the -8orb or 3/4" pipe to -6. They are super cheap, easy to buy, and the canisters come in various sizes.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
A marine filter/water separator can be had fairly cheap and the filter elements are readily available. This is the Attwood but there are many options. Most are 10 micron but elements as fine as 2 micron are out there.
41pPAoG0cwL._AC_UL115_.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Is this filter going on the pressure side or suction side? If suction then most all the spin-on type filters will work. But if you have an in-the-tank pump, or it is on the pressure side, then you could use a diesel model. They are designed for higher pressure. This is the one I ordered for my Whaler because I experienced a shut down due to water in the gas tank. It has a clear water chamber that has a drain. Very handy. For a car I would use the inboard diesel version with the aluminum water separator bowl with a drain . Go to the Parker-Racor site and peruse the many options available. http://ph.parker.com/us/en/fuel-filtration I know you don't want to spend a ton, but you can get a great American made set up for under $100 at places like the Racor Store. http://racorstore.com/
21bNuqdU40L._AC_US160_.jpg
51b2-03QOjL._AC_US160_.jpg

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
this is on the supply side after a in tank pump. i believe fuelab is supposed to be one of the better brands out there from what i have read. what i like about that setup is that i have only 1 piece and 2 fittings to install, if i buy any other filter i have to buy fittings to attach to the filter itself adding 2 more fittings, if i add a check valve then there are even more fittings. i would rather have it all in one. i appreciate the help fellas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor