Does anyone know where i can find some decent priced cowl hoods for a 1981 cutlass supreme?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
"Decent priced" is a relative term. Are you wanting a lift off, or bolt on? Harwood sells a lift off for around $300 if i recall. There is also VFN, Glasstek, UP22, and several others.

Obviously the bolt on style will cost more, but you don't have to take the hood off every time. Most bolt on hoods run around $450-500. Gbodyparts sells a 2" cowl steel bolt on for $500 and you can get it through summit.

Hth

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I have a used one
"Decent priced" is a relative term. Are you wanting a lift off, or bolt on? Harwood sells a lift off for around $300 if i recall. There is also VFN, Glasstek, UP22, and several others.

Obviously the bolt on style will cost more, but you don't have to take the hood off every time. Most bolt on hoods run around $450-500. Gbodyparts sells a 2" cowl steel bolt on for $500 and you can get it through summit.

Hth
So make me an offer on the one I'm not using it's a bolt on
1269.jpeg
it's cheeper than a new one
1267.jpeg
1265.jpeg
1268.jpeg
1266.jpeg
1262.jpeg
its cheep and it's at the Jersey shore and the wether is getting nice a a

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
So make me an offer on the one I'm not using it's a bolt on View attachment 65714 it's cheeper than a new one View attachment 65715 View attachment 65716 View attachment 65718 View attachment 65719 View attachment 65720 its cheep and it's at the Jersey shore and the wether is getting nice a a
Looks like that would be cheaper than new for sure. I ran a 4" harwood lift off for years because at the time it seemed like a good idea. Got tired of taking it off, when the resto on my 87 began i got a bolt on unit, and sold the lift off to a member here.

Sorry for the thread jack....but i modified the hinges to use a strut instead of the coil spring setup by welding the strut mount to the main hinge body, installed some ball studs, and struts that are rated for glass and not steel. Way cleaner setup in my opinion.
20150531_145841.jpg

• Creative
Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Looks like that would be cheaper than new for sure. I ran a 4" harwood lift off for years because at the time it seemed like a good idea. Got tired of taking it off, when the resto on my 87 began i got a bolt on unit, and sold the lift off to a member here.

Sorry for the thread jack....but i modified the hinges to use a strut instead of the coil spring setup by welding the strut mount to the main hinge body, installed some ball studs, and struts that are rated for glass and not steel. Way cleaner setup in my opinion. View attachment 65722
I was thinking of doing a prop rod on my new one

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
sorry, didn't see that, Didn't realize you continued the thread. How much do you think shipping would be to 11757? Im base in GA right now, but the car is up north on LI.
I have no clue I don't even know how to ship it I thaught you were in NY I could take a fishing boat there from here I'm in Brick 15 minutes north of sea side 15 minutes south of Asbury Park and just outside Point Pleasant 08724

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor