DOES ANYONE STILL HAPPEN TO HAVE THEIR 1978 OWNER'S MANUAL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chpbstrd1

Apprentice
Jan 23, 2009
Yes

c-10 simplex

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 10, 2009
OK cool, could you read(type out) or scan if possible what is says exactly under "starting procedures?"

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I guess the first time I wrote this, it wasn't the answer you were looking for...
It might not be verbatim from the owners manual, but it's the same procedure for any carb'd vehicle.
My guess is there are other issues with your truck that are leading it to not work correctly for you.

Blake442 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:09 am

Pump the gas once to set the choke, and turn the key.

If the car does not start within five or so seconds of cranking, then give the gas pedal about half a pump and it should fire.

A properly maintained/adjusted car should start by then.

If it still doesn't start, then you get to play the game of pumping the gas a bunch of times, which might work, or inevitibly flooding it, in which case you should hold the pedal to the floor to clear it out, and it will usually start.

Not starting easily could be caused by several possible issues that would need to be addressed if you want the car to perform like it should.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
i just give it 1 1/2 pumps on the "go pedal" and it should start right up. well it should when i put it back together :roll:

c-10 simplex

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 10, 2009
PT.2:

(yeah...i'm REAL slow---mentally and otherwise)

Anyways, what i need now is a picture of the original setup----305 and rochester 2G---if anyone by chance still is using the stock setup.

My concern now is the return spring setup---if this setup even uses a return spring. What's happening now is i can't get a consistant idle speed; So, sometimes it will idle real low---400 and less and will stall out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor