Doing A/C Lines after an engine swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Gm Scott, not to go off the subject of ac but do you run coil over shocks on the front of your car?
Not currently...I'm running Hotchkis 1" drop springs and Koni shocks. Eventually I'd like to have coilovers, but that will wait until the interior is finished.

Reactions: 1 user

Scott78

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 29, 2019
Not currently...I'm running Hotchkis 1" drop springs and Koni shocks. Eventually I'd like to have coilovers, but that will wait until the interior is finished.
Yea I would like coil overs myself but the pocketbook says no lol! .But I am replacing my front coils with new ones (stock height ) with shocks for now because I can't run my bigger tires on the front because when I hit a bump the tire hits the top of the fender .

Scott78

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 29, 2019
Then, there are those of us (me) that have the AC installed,and can't keep the sumbich working long enough to enjoy it. :itchy:
Hi flemming 442 I wont know of any issues until I have it running! Lol

Apr 9, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hey now hey now, I was just young and dumb!

I too did the no A/C thing, but I also smoked in the car with the kids in the back. So I was batting 1000 in dumbass. It was my wife who changed all that. I wouldn't have learned that on my own either without some. . . assistance. Don't tell her I said that.

Then, there are those of us (me) that have the AC installed,and can't keep the sumbich working long enough to enjoy it. :itchy:

Sometimes, you just have to start over with everything brand new. It sucks, but not doing that has bit me in the rear more times than I care to remember. You might not need it, but there is an A/C repair 'how-to' in my signature.

What is the inside diameter of your rubber ac hoses?
Honestly I can't remember. Its been so long. What I did was just use a set of calipers and internet resources to make sure I had what I needed. Both the Vintage air universal kit and the local A/C parts house were also very helpful in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor