Doing a custom trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

MYFINE79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 29, 2009
Brampton, Ontario. CANADA
I would like to finish the trunk in my 79 GP. Does any one have any pictures of what they have done to there trunk. If so I would appreciate if you could send me pictures to give me some ideas.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I'm not very good at posting photos, but if you go through some of the aftermarket suppliers websites, especially the Buick Regal and GN sites, there are photos of trunk panel and upholstery kits that are available. I made up a fabric over for my spare tire, using the same material as the trunk floor carpet, and made up a temporary cover, out of the same material, that will hang from the trunk hinges when the trunk is open at car shows, to cover the area above the rear wheels. It allows me to hide small items out of sight behind the cover. Hope this helps.

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Even though mine is an 83, basic design principles are the same. Here are just some ideas of how I went about it.

83 GP Trunk Mod (1).jpg

83 GP Trunk Mod (2).jpg

83 GP Trunk Mod (3).jpg

83 GP Trunk Mod (4).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor