Dome light problem malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel1971

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 23, 2019
Today I wanted to swap my interiour lights under the dash for led strips.
Unfortunally the led didn’t work.
So I measured the wires with a volt meter and the I heard a tick from a blowing fuse.
I checked all the fuses in the fuse box but couldn’t find a broken one.
Everything is working oke in the car except for the domelight when opening the doors.
My question now is, is there another fuse besides the ones in the fusebox which is connected to the domelight/door switch?
It’s regarding a 1979 malibu.
Thanks for your advice

Marcel1971

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 23, 2019
Do they work with regular non led bulbs? I'd so, do they work with the doors open or only when manually turned on with the headlight switch?
The original lights are now in it and the only work when the headlights are manually turned on.
when i open the doors they don’t turn on.

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
Your car like many of the 78-79 Malibus most likely has a failed dome light delay module. This is an orange box under the left side of the dash. These are no longer available and from my own experience the seven that I have here are all bad. I went through this several years ago on my own car and ended up just by passing The box.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor